What to expect from laminate installation
Even if you have experience with do-it-yourself home improvement projects, installing laminate flooring can be intensive for someone who has never done it before.
Kelly's Carpet Omaha will coordinate and execute your laminate installation for you, leaving you with the best-looking floors in no time.
While waiting for your new laminate floors to arrive, please read over our laminate installation guide to learn what to expect and how to prepare.
Before Laminate Installation
The day before your installation, you will be contacted by our customer care department to confirm your scheduled date and time.
Please clear your floors and closets up to waist level. Be sure to remove your small items, valuables, collectibles, lamps and wall hangings prior to your team's arrival.
Our furniture removal service includes most emptied furniture items. For unusually large or heavy furniture, alert your flooring specialist ahead of your installation date. Depending on the item, we may require an additional charge to move it.
To prevent accidental damage, please remove all electronics, including televisions, audio equipment and computers. Arrange for your speciality items, including grandfather clocks, pool tables, large aquariums and pianos, to be moved ahead of time. These are best handled by companies which specialize in moving these particular items.
During Laminate Installation
You will be contacted on the morning of your installation by your installation crew between 7:00 and 9:30 a.m. They will inform you of their approximate arrival time.
If we encounter any unforeseen issues while removing your existing floors, you will be contacted right away with an explanation of the issue along with any estimated additional costs that may be necessary to remedy the situation.
When the crew arrives, have an adult member of your household (18 years of age or older) greet our crew and show them their work areas. Make them aware of any hidden wiring or supply lines in order to prevent damage. The crew will need electricity and running water access.
Please provide your contact information so your crew is able to reach you if you leave your home during installation.
If you have any pets, please leave them in a crate or a separate room away from where your installation crew is working. Doors may be open to move supplies, and our tools can cause injury.
After Laminate Installation
- We will carefully avoid damaging walls and woodwork, but occasionally, minor post-installation touch-ups may be needed.
- Sometimes, your new floor covering will raise the overall height of your flooring, resulting in the need to trim the bottoms of some doors. We do not trim doors, so you will need to do so post-installation.
- If you have existing carpet that is stained excessively with pet odor or urine, our installation crew may not be able to remove it. You will have to have it removed separately prior to your installation date.
- Every phase of laminate installation generates dust.
- We will provide you with an estimated time frame for the completion of your project, but please know that it may take longer for us to ensure the best quality finished product.