How to remove vomit stain?
Important Things to Keep in Mind:
- First, freeze any solid material with an ice cube, then remove as much as possible with a spoon or dull knife.
- Use a white towel or paper towel to remove stains.
- Start with warm water, but you can use a cleaning solution if that doesn’t work.
- Blot outside in to prevent spreading! DON’T rub, scrub or use a brush! This will ruin carpet fibers.
- For abnormally large stains, you may not be able to remove it yourself. Call a professional cleaner for excessive stains.
- Stir together a solution of ¼ teaspoon clear dish soap and 1 cup warm water.
- Apply the solution to a white towel or paper towel and gently blot the stain.
- Frequently turn the cloth as you blot, and try not to get the carpet too wet. Use your fingertips to work the cleaner to the base of the stain.
- Rinse the fibers by wetting the stained area with lukewarm water.
- Dry the area by vacuuming or leaving a white or paper towel on top of the stain with a weight on top. Continue to change towels until the carpet has dried.
Extra Steps if Stain Remains:
- Mix another solution of 2 tablespoons non-bleaching ammonia and 1 cup lukewarm water
- Use this solution to blot the area like before, but use only a white towel instead of paper.
- After blotting, neutralize the ammonia with a final solution of ½ cup white vinegar and 1 cup lukewarm water.
- Apply the solution, blot, and rinse as before. Dry as before.